W. Raphael Lam is a Deputy Division Chief in the Fiscal Affairs Department. His division oversees the Fiscal Monitor. He was a resident representative in China during 2014-17 and worked in various country teams in the Asia and Pacific Department and European Department. His research includes fiscal rules and frameworks, and corporate debt issues. He holds a Ph.D in Economics from University of California, Los Angeles.
- Pandemic Tests Resilience and Credibility of Fiscal Rules
- Tailoring Government Support
- Government Support Is Vital as Countries Race to Vaccinate
- Tracking the $9 Trillion Global Fiscal Support to Fight COVID-19
- Fiscal Policies to Contain the Damage from COVID-19
- A Map of Inequality in Countries
- With China Slowing, Faster Reforms Critical to Generate Jobs