Paolo Mauro is Deputy Director in the IMF’s Fiscal Affairs Department. Previously, he held various managerial positions in the IMF’s African, Fiscal Affairs, and Research departments. He was a senior fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics and visiting professor at the Johns Hopkins University Carey Business School in 2014–16. His articles have been published in journals including the Quarterly Journal of Economics, Journal of Monetary Economics, and Journal of Public Economics, and have been widely cited in academia and leading media outlets. He has co-written three books, including World on the Move: Consumption Patterns in a More Equal Global Economy; Emerging Markets and Financial Globalization; and Chipping Away at Public Debt.
- Public Investment for the Recovery
- Economic Policies for the COVID-19 War
- Fiscal Policies to Protect People During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- Fiscal Policies to Curb Climate Change
- Tackling Corruption in Government