Luis Cubeddu is Assistant Director in the IMF’s Research Department, where he currently presides over the Department’s engagement with the G20 and spillover analysis. Prior to holding this position, he was Chief of Open Economy Macroeconomics Division, where he led the production of the annual External Sector Report. Mr. Cubeddu has also held senior positions in other Departments where he focused on the surveillance and analysis of emerging economies as well as worked on a few large IMF programs. Mr. Cubeddu received his Ph.D. in economics from the University of Pennsylvania and was assistant professor at Pompeu Fabra University in Barcelona, Spain.
- Taming the Currency Hype
- Global Imbalances: Avoiding a Tragedy of the Commons
- Revisiting the Paradox of Capital: The Reversal of Uphill Flows
- Latin America and the Caribbean: Dealing With Another Food Price Shock
- Latin America: Vulnerabilities Under Construction?
- Today’s Information is Ammunition for Tomorrow