Hugh Bredenkamp is Deputy Director of the IMF’s Strategy, Policy, and Review Department. Since joining the IMF in 1988 from the U.K. Treasury, he has worked on countries in Western Europe, the former Soviet Union, Asia, and Africa, where he was mission chief for Ghana. From 2004-2007, he was the IMF’s resident representative in Turkey.
- A Framework for Currency Unions and IMF Lending
- Bridges to Growth, Not Roads to Nowhere: Scaling Up Infrastructure Investment in Low-Income Countries
- Making up for Lost Time: Getting Back on Track to the Millennium Development Goals
- Practicing Safe Borrowing in Low-income Countries
- Creating Breathing Room in Low-income Countries
- Low-income Countries: Different Strokes for Different Folks
- Helping Low-income Countries Confront the Worst Economic Crisis in 60 Years