Catherine Pattillo is an Assistant Director, Fiscal Affairs Department and chief of the Fiscal Policy and Surveillance Division, responsible for the IMF’s Fiscal Monitor. She works on macro-fiscal issues. Since joining the Fund from a position at Oxford University, she has worked in the Research Department and on countries in Africa and the Caribbean, and the Strategy, Policy and Review Department where she worked on low-income country issues, and emerging issues such as gender, inequality, and climate change. She has published widely in these areas.
- How to Attract Private Finance to Africa’s Development
- Public Investment for the Recovery
- Fiscal Policies to Curb Climate Change
- Economic Preparedness: The Need for Fiscal Space
- Fiscal Rules: Make them Easy to Love and Hard to Cheat
- BRICs and Mortar—Building Growth in Low-Income Countries
- Making up for Lost Time: Getting Back on Track to the Millennium Development Goals