Three years after the launch of iMFdirect as a forum for discussing economic issues around the world, we look back at some of our most popular posts.
The IMF blog has helped stimulate considerable debate about economic policy in the current crisis, on events in Europe and around the world in Asia, Africa, Latin America, and the Middle East, on fiscal adjustment, on regulating the financial sector, and the future of macroeconomics--as economists learn lessons from the Great Recession.
As readers struggled to understand the implications of the crisis, our most popular post by far was IMF Chief Economist Olivier Blanchard's Four Hard Truths, a look back at 2011 and the economic lessons for the future.
Here's our Top 20 list of our most popular posts by subject (from more than 300 posts):
2. Financial Stability: What's Still to Be Done?
6. Macroprudential policy: Macro ... What?
12. Latin America: Vulnerabilities Under Construction?
13. United States: Avoiding Self-Inflicted Wounds
16. Islamic Finance: Did Islamic Banks in the Gulf Do Better Than Conventional Ones in the Crisis?
18. Climate Change: Paying the Price for the Future We Want
19. Natural Resources: Escaping the Resource Curse
20. People: Remembering Michael Mussa